Please note that the 2017 recruitment round is now closed.
What you will need:
- Guidance document
- A sponsor at UCL (see guidance for details)
- A covering letter explaining why you are applying for this fellowship and outlining career goals, plans for future funding applications and justification for applying to UCL (maximum one A4 side)
- A research proposal outlining the planned research, with emphasis on vision and ambition (maximum two A4 sides, no less than Arial pt 11 font, references can be on a separate page). Should it be relevant to your research programme, please include an additional brief section (150 word maximum) on any likely health, technology or other possible impacts from your research.
- Your CV (maximum three A4 sides) plus full publication list. (Publications do not count towards the three page limit).
- A letter of support from the UCL Sponsor(s) (maximum one A4 side). The letter must confirm and detail the space and resources that will be provided. If your contact at UCL is not a Head of Research Department or Division/Institute Director, their support letter must be co-signed by the relevant Head of Research Department and Division/Institute Director as proof that they all have reviewed and approved the provision of space and resources.
- A completed application form (Word), downloaded from the job vacancy page.
How to apply
- Read the guidance documentation and FAQs in full.
- Enter the UCL's online recruitment system. Search for the vacancy (using "Excellence Fellowship" or Job Ref # 1635504) and click on the job title.
- From near the bottom of the job vacancy page, download the application form (Word).
- Complete the information required in the online application.
- Upload your CV in the "upload CV" section.
- Prepare and upload "Supporting Documents" (see above for details).
- Compile the following documents into a single pdf document:
- The completed application form (see point 3 above)
- Covering letter
- Research proposal
- Letter of support from the UCL Sponsor(s)
8. Check you application and submit
10th May, 2017 (11pm).
Start your application early, as you will need to obtain support from a SLMS sponsor prior to the application deadline.
Shortlisting: Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview based on the criteria in the job description and person specification. Outcomes of shortlisting will be made available in early June. Please note that due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants.
Interviews: For invited candidates, interviews will be held on 30th June. We are unable to accommodate remote interviews; therefore, please do keep this date clear.