The aim of the Jackson Widening Participation Scholarship in MSc Social Epidemiology is to enable students in financial need to pursue their postgraduate studies in the Epidemiology Department at UCL.
Value: £6,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need, passion for subject area
Eligible fee status: Home (UK domicile only)
Eligible programmes: MSc Social Epidemiology
Deadline: 5pm BST, Thursday 9 June 2022
Candidates must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- be ordinarily resident in the UK and eligible to pay Home fee rate;
- hold an offer to study an MSc Social Epidemiology in 2022/23.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There is one scholarship available in 2022/23.
- The value of the award is £6,000.
- The award is tenable for one year only.
- The Jackson Widening Participation Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The recipient will be expected to secure the remaining part of their tuition fees and to cover their living costs from elsewhere.
- Award recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the Jackson Widening Participation Scholarship.
The bursary is awarded on the basis of financial need and passion for the subject area. Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of financial need upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to write a short statement in support of their scholarship application by the Institute of Epidemiology & Health Care, who will make the final decision.
How to apply
Please visit the Masters Funding Awards page for information on how to apply.
Applications will open in the week beginning Monday 17 January 2022. The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Thursday 9 June 2022.
Successful candidates for 2022/23 will be notified in July 2022.
Informal enquiries about this scholarship can be made via email to Dr Rebecca Lacey email@example.com