The Avanade Scholarship is intended to support UK or EU female students in financial need to study Computer Science at UCL.
Value: £10,000 (per year). Two scholarships are available.
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: UK, EU
Eligible programmes: BSc Computer Science, MEng Computer Science and MEng Mathematical Computation
Deadline: Friday, 3 July 2020
Eligible candidates must:
- hold UK or EU fee status;
- be in financial need as assessed by UCL;
- hold an offer of admission to UCL to study on a full-time BSc Computer Science, MEng Computer Science and MEng Mathematical Computation for the 2020/21 intake (commencing in September 2020).
Students need to sign a separate agreement with Avanade which requires awardee to:
- Actively participate to the activities organized within the Avanade STEM Scholarship Global Network
- Provide regular updates and share successes
- Participate in the annual Avanade ‘Social Good’ challenge
- Share two short videos; one at beginning of scholarship and one at the end; highlighting how this scholarship has supported their goals
Value, benefits, and duration
The award will be £10,000 per year for the duration of their programme, and is subject to satisfactory academic progress. The scholarship is awarded to support maintenance costs.
Scholarship recipients will be offered a mentor from Avanade UK.
The criterion for awarding the scholarship is financial need and you will need to demonstrate this in the application.
How to apply
The Avanade Scholarship is one of the schemes that make up the Undergraduate Funding and Access Awards (UGFA).
To be considered for a Avanade Scholarship, please follow the procedure on the UGFA webpage.
The UGFAs will be awarded by recommendation by a panel composed of UCL staff. The successful candidates will be notified as soon as decisions are made by mid-September. If you have not heard from us by Friday 18 September 2020, you may assume your application was unsuccessful.