Connecting regulators and safe cylinder set-up training
Managers who supervise work or processes which involve the use of compressed cylinder gases should undertake this training.
Managers, supervisors and Principal Investigators who use and handle cylinder gases need to understand the hazards and risks associated with their use and be able to identify, select and connect gas control equipment correctly and safely. This course enables gas users to correctly fit a gas regulator to a cylinder valve in a safe and competent manner.
You must have successfully completed the Using Gas Cylinders Safely Within Universities eLearning course before attending this practical workshop.
All safety instructor-led training courses are delivered by our team of safety experts.
This practical workshop covers the following topics and activities:
- Accidents with compressed gases.
- The need for a risk assessment.
- The need for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Visual checks on gas cylinders and valves, regulators and gauges.
- Correct fitting of regulators.
- Visual checks and correct fitting of hoses.
- Opening cylinder valves safely.
- Setting correct pressures.
- Correct leak test procedures.
- Rectification of leaks.
- Closing the cylinder and safely releasing any residual pressure.
Managers who either use or supervise others who work with compressed cylinder gases and regulators.
Training courses are free to UCL staff however your Department will be charged £50 if you fail to attend when booked on a course. Non-attendance at first aid courses will incur a higher non-attendance fee.
If you have not received your confirmation notification from the MyHR Mailer please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Places to external delegates are only offered if there is spare capacity on an instructor-led course.
Please email email@example.com to be placed on a waiting list stating the course title and date you wish to join.
Training courses are accessible using UCL MyLearning.
Last updated: Wednesday, November 16, 2022