Listing and downloads of IRDR special reports, special papers, and IRDR annual reports
In these reports, we highlight the achievements and progress of the UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction in the respective academic year; as we continue our vision for the IRDR to lead and coordinate UCL research, knowledge exchange with industry and humanitarian agencies, and advanced teaching in risk and disaster reduction.
IRDR Annual Report 2022
Read our latest Annual Report, published at the 12th Annual Conference in July 2022.
- UCL IRDR Centre for Digital Public Health in Emergencies Report 2021 (high res version available here)
- Building Emergency Planning Scenarios for Viral Pandemics
- Volcanic Hazard from Iceland
- IRDR Special Report 2013-01: UK-Japan Workshop and Lessons on Disaster Risk Reduction
- IRDR Special Report 2014-01: Transitional Recovery and Reconstruction in the Eastern Philippines after Typhoon Yoland
- Cascading effects and escalations in wide area power failures: a summary for emergency planners
UCL Humanitarian Summit, 9 July 2020:
Full event details: The climate and Covid-19 humanitarian crises, and BSc launch
- Panel 1: Discussion on Disaster and Health Diplomacy in Global Pandemics
- Panel 2: Launch of the BSc in Global Humanitarian Studies
- Plenary and Panel 3: Climate Change and Humanitarian Crises