UCL's Collaborative Social Science Domain
UKRI open call for research and innovation ideas to address COVID-19 with short term projects the address and mitigate the health, social, economic and environmental impacts of the outbreak. Further details about this UKRI call
Help UCL find solutions to the challenges that Coronavirus (COVID-19) brings, at a pace that would, under normal circumstances, be considered impossible. More details about UCL’s Coronavirus Response Fund
Register your expertise with Parliament’s COVID-19 Outbreak Expert Database
What do we do?
The Collaborative Social Science Domain (CSSD) supports UCL's social science researchers regardless of their departmental or faculty affiliations with the particular aims of increasing cross-disciplinary, cross-faculty research collaboration and grant capture. We also encourage methodological innovation and new cross disciplinary partnerships across institutional boundaries. Our Social Science Plus funding scheme supports pilot projects that will lay the basis for major external funding applications. We also manage internal selection processes in response to quota driven calls from funding organisations. Our Early Career Network and engagement/impact activities build capacity.
Who do we work with?
We support researchers with social science interests working in law, languages, medicine, engineering, the built environment, the natural sciences etc. as well as those working in the wide range of disciplinary fields in the social sciences. We are also interested in non-social scientists who wish to deepen their research activities by forming collaborations with UCL's rich range of social scientists.
- Scroll through our Twitter feed for the latest funding opportunities, news and events
- UCL AI and Art Futures: find out about the interdisciplinary programme and opportunities for collaboration
- UCL Artificial Intelligence for People and Planet
- How social scientists can get involved in the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
Keep in touch with UCL's Collaborative Social Science Domain
- Please sign up for our email updates about funding, events and other initiatives
- Follow us on Twitter
- For UCL researchers select the UCL IRIS Collaborative Social Science Theme when you complete/update your IRIS profile