UCL's Collaborative Social Science Domain
What do we do?
UCL's Collaborative Social Science Domain (CSSD) supports social science researchers regardless of their departmental or faculty affiliations. We encourage methodological innovation and new cross disciplinary partnerships across institutional boundaries. Our Social Science Plus funding scheme supports pilot projects that will lay the basis for major external funding applications. We also manage internal selection processes in response to quota driven calls from funding organisations. Our Early Career Network and engagement/impact activities build capacity.
Who do we work with?
We want to hear from researchers with social science interests working in law, languages, medicine, engineering, the built environment, the natural sciences etc. as well as those working in the wide range of disciplinary fields in the social sciences. We are also interested in non-social scientists who wish to deepen their research activities by forming collaborations with UCL's rich range of social scientists.
- Scroll through our Twitter feed for the latest funding opportunities, news and events
- 2017-18 Social Science Plus pilot project, The Implications of the Internet of Things (IoT) on Victims of Gender-Based Domestic Violence and Abuse (G-IoT), featured in The Sunday Times
- Sign-up for these Early Career Workshops: Research Data Management in Social Sciences: best practices & Working as a Social Scientist in a Non-Social Science Department at UCL
- Two 2018-19 pilot projects have been supported by the Domain's Social Science Plus funding scheme with generous support from Institute of Education and the Office of Vice-Provost (Research) We hope that these projects will lay the basis for major, external funding applications: The Social and Physical Settings of Ethnic Hate Crime & The role of gender equity in the conservation outcomes of natural resource management
Collaborative Social Science Published
- How social
scientists can get involved in the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
Keep in touch with UCL's Collaborative Social Science Domain
- Please sign up for our email updates about funding, events and other initiatives
- Follow us on Twitter
- For UCL researchers select the UCL IRIS Collaborative Social Science Theme when you complete/update your IRIS profile