About Public Policy
What is public policy at UCL?
UCL boasts many centres of expertise which are highly engaged in the public policy sphere, including transport, health, energy, environment, planning, political science, law and engineering. An essential part of UCL’s ethos is to use our expertise to address the pressing global challenges that humanity faces today and will face in the future.
Academic-policy engagement takes a range of forms, from providing research or expertise in person or through written briefings to ensuring that policy is underpinned by good evidence.
What does UCL Public Policy do?
UCL Public Policy is an initiative of the Office of the Vice-Provost (Research, Innovation & Global Engagement). The team aims to maximise the way in which UCL improves public policy, by enabling researchers to inform public policy with evidence by:
- offering mechanisms for public policy engagement
- translating research into public policy focused outputs
- connecting researchers and policy professionals
- delivering specific public policy-focused projects
- drawing together public policy-related activity at UCL
- conducting research on the efficacy of academic-policy engagement
If you want to support us to maximise the potential of UCL’s research, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org