What we do for researchers
UCL Public Policy can help researchers from across UCL to engage with policymakers. We work with academics of all disciplines and at all levels, from PhD students to professors.
Our support includes:
- Funding – a small grants scheme and funded policy placements
- Opportunities to participate in policy-focused activities – policy roundtables, public policy events and the development of research summaries for policymakers
- Advice, guidance, and training – online resources and advice sessions to help you enhance the policy impact of your research
- Support for researcher-led policy engagement – including funding applications and Select Committee inquiries.
What we do for policymakers
Our non-partisan, independent policy brokers are here to connect policy professionals with UCL's knowledge, insight and expertise. From urgent questions and calls for evidence, to longer-term partnerships, we're here to support the development of evidence-informed policy, and foster engagement with research across the policy landscape.
- Connects policymakers with relevant experts in the field
- Convenes roundtables to bring together researchers and policymakers, to discuss topical issues, facilitate dialogues and initiate collaborations
- Creates accessible high-level research summaries and evidence notes for policymakers, based on robust research
- Coordinates training and development opportunities in Public Policy, from professional development courses up to PhD level.