Strategy & Projects
Our specific aims are:
- To emerge from Covid with a forward-looking, blended-by-design approach to education in Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- To embed evidence-based pedagogical approaches within all programmes, using and learning from best practice in the sector.
- To promote partnership in education design and delivery: professional services + academic staff; student + staff; early career + experienced staff; faculty + department.
- To employ authentic, innovative and fair assessment methods within all programmes, ensuring diversity of assessment types.
- To ensure equality of opportunity for all students, through effective education and assessment design and fostering a sense of belonging from induction until graduation.
We are expanding our strategies and projects to meet the needs of the Faculty and Deparments.
The UCL BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) Awarding gap has shown a disparity in the number of First Class degrees awarded to BAME students. The MAPS Faculty are taking a number of actions to tackle this inequality covering two main themes:
A faculty task group was established to develop a position on the availability of past exam questions and model answers, to address the varying practice in different departments across the faculty.
UCL Education Strategy 2016-21
UCL's five-year strategy for improving education and enhancing the student experience has been created in collaboration with the UCL community.
A scheme of awards accredited by the Higher Education Academy giving teaching and support staff nationally recognised fellowships.
For any support or questions, please reach out to us on: