Information on how users can photocopy, print and scan items when using our libraries.
All UCL Libraries have Multi-Function Devices (MFDs) connected to a service called "print@UCL" which allows UCL staff and students to photocopy, print and scan.
UCL users: registering your ID card
UCL users need to register their UCL ID cards when using an MFD for the first time by following the procedure below:
- Touch your card on the MFD reader.
- Enter your UCL username in the format of: 'ucylxxx' or similar when prompted, and then press 'Done'.
- Enter your UCL password and press 'Done'.
- You have now successfully logged in and are presented with three options - 'Copy', 'E-mail' (scan) or 'Pull Print' (print).
- To log out when you have finished, you must either touch your ID card again or hit the green button with a key symbol followed by the log out button on the display screen.
- For all future sessions, you will only need to touch your UCL ID card on the MFD reader.
Video quick guide: Using Multi-Function Devices (MFDs)
For further details, please see ISD's How to Guides and Help.
All UCL visitors including UCL alumni and NHS staff can only photocopy from our Multi-Function Devices. Photocopy credit can be purchased via credit/debit card from one of the card loader kiosks. Please see Adding Photocopy Credit for a UCL Guest or Visitor for further details.
Photocopying and Printing Prices
UCL students are allocated £12 of free credit at the start of the academic year, after which, they need to pay for additional credit online.
Pricing for photocopying and printing is as follows:
|Size||Colour type||Single or double sided||Cost|
|A4||Black and white||Single-sided||5p|
|A4||Black and white||Double-sided||5p|
|A3||Black and white||Single-sided||15p|
|A3||Black and white||Double-sided||20p|
Scanning is free for all UCL users.
UCL students can buy additional credit online.