The Newsam Library and Archives at IOE, UCL’s Faculty of Education and Society, holds extensive collections of current and historical materials on education and related areas of social science.
Can't find what you're looking for?
IOE LibGuides content has moved: Please follow the links below to access:
- LibrarySkills@UCL: training and support enable you to make the best use of UCL’s libraries and resources.
- Education Subject Guides: a helpful starting point for identifying library collections and resources to support your discipline of study.
- Archives and Special Collections: further details on our world class Archives and Special Collections.
- Research Support: services and resources to assist UCL students and staff with research projects.
- E-resources@UCL: Guidance on accessing the huge range of electronic resources available via UCL Library Services.
- Service Updates
- Opening hours, see below
- Click and Collect
Address and contact details
- Address: Newsam Library and Archives, 20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL.
- Tel: 020 7612 6080.
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @IOELibrary.
- Instagram: @ioelibrary.
- IOE LibAnswers.
Subject coverage and guides
The Newsam Library and Archives holds extensive collections of current and historical materials on education and related areas of social science. In addition to supporting the work of staff and students at IOE, UCL's Faculty of Education and Society, the library welcomes enquiries from scholars, researchers and others in the community with an interest in education.
- The Main Education Collection contains an extensive range of materials related to education published in the UK and a wide range from around the world.
- The Journals Collection holds thousands of titles electronically.
- The Curriculum Resources Collection holds schoolbooks and teaching materials for all levels and all school subjects.
- A wide range of electronic resources such as databases, electronic books, documents and websites can be accessed by UCL students and staff.
- Over 30 Special Collections and 180 deposited Archive Collections contain unique historical resources on education and influential organisations and individuals working in the field.