The Newsam Library and Archives at the UCL Institute of Education holds extensive collections of current and historical materials on education and related areas of social science.
Welcome Desk and Help Desk, 25 November - 04 December
Owing to ongoing industrial action, the Welcome and Help Desks at the Library may need to close at short notice during the next two weeks. Thus the library may only be available to existing members and reference only, but with self-service available.
Address and contact details
- Visiting IOE Library
- IOE Library Guides
- Archive Catalogue
- Group Study Room Bookings
- eJournal Search
- Newsam News Blog
Subject coverage and guides
The Newsam Library and Archives holds extensive collections of current and historical materials on education and related areas of social science. In addition to supporting the work of staff and students at the UCL Institute of Education, the library welcomes enquiries from scholars, researchers and others in the community with an interest in education. Please see IOE Library Guides for further information about collections, services and advice.
- The Main Education Collection contains an extensive range of materials related to education published in the UK and a wide range from around the world.
- The Journals Collection holds thousands of titles electronically.
- The Curriculum Resources Collection holds schoolbooks and teaching materials for all levels and all school subjects.
- A wide range of electronic resources such as databases, electronic books, documents and websites can be accessed by UCL students and staff.
- Over 30 Special Collections and 180 deposited Archive Collections contain unique historical resources on education and influential organisations and individuals working in the field.