The Newsam Library and Archives at the UCL Institute of Education holds extensive collections of current and historical materials on education and related areas of social science.
Address and contact details
- Visiting IOE Library
- IOE Library Guides
- Archive Catalogue
- Group Study Room Bookings
- eJournal Search
- Newsam News Blog
Subject coverage and guides
The Newsam Library and Archives holds extensive collections of current and historical materials on education and related areas of social science. Please see our IOE Library Guides for further information.
In addition to supporting the work of staff and students at the UCL Institute of Education, it welcomes enquiries from all scholars, researchers, and others in the community with an interest in education.
- The main education collection contains a copy of every book on education in English published in the UK, and a substantial range from elsewhere
- The journals collection - thousands of titles available electronically and in print
- A wide range of other electronic resources, such as databases, electronic books, documents and websites, linking to the very latest information
- 27 special collections and over 160 deposited archive collections, containing unique historical resources on education, and influential organisations and individuals working in the field
- The Curriculum Resources collection, displaying examples of schoolbooks and teaching materials for all levels and all school subjects