The JRO provides researchers at UCL and UCLH with courses and training in clinical research governance, regulations, and GCP. The JRO additionally provides professional expertise in research management, biostatistics, finance, contracts, and regulatory affairs.
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Training
The JRO provides FREE new starter and refresher GCP training courses to UCL and UCLH staff delivering UCL sponsored clinical trials. Staff are required to complete GCP training every two years, or demonstrate evidence of appropriate training or experience. To book, please visit the JRO's Eventbrite page.
GCP training can alternatively be completed online through the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network; NIHR GCP e-learning courses are available free of charge.
- JRO Research Governance Training
The JRO additionally provides FREE Research Governance training days throughout the year, for UCL/UCLH staff and students involved in human research. This popular course is presented by Dr Sarah Edwards, with speakers from the Joint Research Office, and covers topics such as confidentiality and information governance, research ethics and regulations, study submission and review processes (sponsorship and feasibility), etc.
- Biostatistics Training
- JRO On-Site Support and Drop in Sessions
Please contact the JRO if you wish to meet with a member of staff to discuss your project. Alternatively, the JRO regularly runs a series of drop in sessions for UCL/H researchers:
- Research Approvals (sponsorship/feasibility/grant applications): provides support in submitting research applications to regulatory bodies, and support in setting up studies at UCLH
- Additional Training Resources:
- A free, introductory JRO pilot e-learning module for device studies: JRO01: Understanding the setting up of device studies (you may log on as a guest, with the password "JRO Devices")
- Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Training
- Institute of Clinical Research (ICR)
- Health Research Authority (HRA) e-learning modules
For any further queries, please contact the JRO course administrators via: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 447 2178.