CAUTION: The Print Cartridge contains components that are sensitive to light, temperature, and humidity. Follow the recommendations provided to have the optimum performance, highest quality, and longest life from the new Print Cartridge.
Store the cartridge in the same environment as the printer it will be used in; this should be in controlled office temperature and humidity conditions. The Print Cartridge should remain in its original, unopened package until installation. If the original packaging is not available, cover the top opening of the cartridge with paper and store in a dark cabinet. Opening the cartridge package prior to use dramatically shortens its operating life.
If the Print Cartridge is not replaced timely when the replacement message is displayed, the printer will stop printing.
1. Press the release latch on the left side of the printer.
2. Open the Front Door.
3. Pull the Print Cartridge out of the printer.
4. Remove the new Print Cartridge from the packaging.
5. Remove the protective sheet from the cartridge and the plastic handle that is attached to the protective sheet.
6. Carefully remove all the remaining tape and packaging from the cartridge. CAUTION: Do not touch the green underside of the print cartridge. Use the handle on the cartridge to avoid touching this area.
7. Slowly shake the cartridge five or six times to distribute the Toner (Dry Ink) evenly inside the cartridge. CAUTION: Do not use warm water or cleaning solvents to remove Toner (Dry Ink) from your skin or clothing. This will set the Toner and make it difficult to remove. If any Toner gets on your skin or clothing, use a brush to remove the Toner, or wash it off with cold water and mild soap. For additional product and material safety information, click on the [Xerox Environment, Health and Safety] link under the Product Resources section of this window.
8. Hold the Print Cartridge by the handle and slowly insert the cartridge into the opening in the printer. Tabs on the sides of the cartridge and corresponding grooves within the machine will guide the cartridge into the correct position until it locks into place.
9. Close the Front Door. Make sure the door is securely closed.