A large-scale facility for storing research data in active, ongoing projects.
- Supported by Research Data Services
- Enterprise grade data storage without the burden of hardware maintenance
- Rapid access over UCL’s high speed network infrastructure
- 1TB allocated at no-cost (additional capacity available to purchase on a per TB per year basis)
- Daily backups
- Directly accessible via your computer’s Network Drive
- Online administration tool for PIs (or project administrators) to manage project space
How to access the Research Data Storage (RDS)
The space for your project will be hosted on our GPFS facility, which allows you to mount the storage as a network drive on your personal computer. Other access routes are also available. See our Research Data Storage access guides to get started.
For account setup, user support and further information please go to Research Data Storage Service.