The N: Drive is your personal storage space on the Filestore @ UCL service. All students and staff receive 100GB of storage space. We recommend that you save your study/work files here.
- Supported by ISD IT Services
- Hourly snapshots and daily backups can be used to recover data within 90 days
- Ability to self-restore files
- 100GB of storage for students and staff
- Malware protection
How to access the (N:) Drive
- Accessible and automatically mapped when logged in on campus (Desktop @ UCL)
- Available remotely and automatically mapped when logged into Desktop @ UCL Anywhere
- Accessible remotely when connected to UCL Remote Access VPN service
If you would like to access the N: Drive from outside the UCL network, you will need to connect to the UCL Remote Access VPN service.
How to map the Home (N:) Drive
Your Home (N:) Drive is automatically mapped when you use UCL-managed computers on campus (Desktop @ UCL PC) or remotely via Desktop @ UCL Anywhere.
To access the N: Drive from a standalone or departmental machine you will need to manually map it using the guides below.
- Adding your Home (N:) Drive to a Windows machine
- Adding your Home (N:) Drive to a Mac OSX machine
- Adding your Home (N:) Drive to a Linux machine