Set automatic reply/out of office message in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
Use this feature to let people know when you will be away from UCL.
Before you start...
Check your browser compatibility to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for using OWA.
1. In Mail view, click on Settings (visible as a cog wheel icon) within the top-right corner. Select View all Outlook settings.
2. A Settings window will appear. Select Email. Select Automatic replies. Click the turn on automatic replies toggle.
3. Tick the tick-box next to send replies only during this time period. Select the required start and end date/time.
Note: If you do not specify a start and end time, auto-replies will be sent until you click the 'Automatic replies on' toggle to disable this feature.
4. Within the box beneath send automatic replies inside my organisation, type the auto-response that you would like sent.
5. If you would like to send an auto-response to external (non-UCL) senders, tick the tick-box send replies outside your organisation. Enter the required text within the box provided.
6. Select Save to apply.
Related guides and other info:
Help and support
- Contact the IT Services.
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.