Joining a Zoom meeting from a browser
This guide explains how to join a Zoom meeting from a web browser using your UCL Zoom account.
This guide is aimed at
Tip: Staff and students can host meetings of up to 300 people by default with the UCL Zoom account.
- Navigate to the UCL Zoom home page
- Select Sign in. You will be taken to the Single Sign-on page.
Tip: If you are not signed in you may be prompted to enter your name and complete the reCAPTCHA information when you join the meeting. Depending on the settings of the meeting, you may be required to sign in before you can join.
- Enter your UCL username in the format of email@example.com (eg firstname.lastname@example.org) and then your password (the one you use for your email) and click Sign in. You will be logged in to Zoom.
- Click on Join a meeting from the top right of the screen
- Enter the meeting ID for your meeting and click on join. The meeting ID should have been sent to you by the meeting organiser.
- You will be prompted to open the Zoom meetings app if you have it downloaded on your machine, or to download it if you don't. If you want to join via the browser, click on cancel.
- Click on launch meeting. You will be prompted again to open or download the app. Click on cancel again.
- Click on the Join from your Browser link towards the bottom of your screen.
- You may be prompted to allow access to your microphone and camera. Select Allow to allow you to use video and audio in the meeting.
- Click on Join.
- If there has been a passcode set for the meeting, you will be prompted to enter it. Once you have input the passcode, click on join.
Having trouble joining a meeting?
- See our Troubleshooting page
Related guides and other info
Help and support
- Contact Zoom support