Drupal CMS: Upload several images
Learn to upload several images at the same time in Drupal.
This guide is aimed at
- PG Students
Before you start
- You need to be a Senior Editor, Editor or Author
- When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
- Ensure the image is the right size. Guidance on image sizes can be found on the Resize an image how-to guide
You may want to upload a number of images at the same time.
- Ensure you are in editing mode
- Click on Content in the top toolbar
- From the tabs that appear on the right, choose 'Files'
- To the left, you now see '+ Add file' and '+Import files'
- Click on '+ Add file'
- Click on the blue link '+Add files' towards the bottom left
- Select as many images as you need and click on 'Open'
- The files with their names and size will now appear in the large box, but the status is still 0% and with a red stop sign next to each file
- Click on 'Start upload' and you will see the files all get uploaded and the symbols turn to green ticks
- Click on the 'Next' button and you can start adding 'Alt text' etc. for each individual image
- Click on 'Save' and all the images are now in the website's image Library