Drupal CMS: Twitter feed
Learn to embed a Twitter feed in Drupal.
This guide is aimed at
- PG Students
Before you start
You need to be a Senior Editor, Editor or Author
When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
You need the username and password for the Twitter account.
- Go to the following URL: Publish Twitter.
- Paste your Twitter URL underneath 'What would you like to embed'
- Press on the arrow pointing to the right
- Choose which type of embed you would like: embedded timeline or buttons
- If you just copy the code, you will see the whole of your Twitter feed. To make it shorter e.g. 600 pixels, click on 'Set customization options' and put '600' under height
- Click on 'update'
- Copy the relevant code
Adding the Twitter Feed
- Go to the page where you want to embed Twitter
- Click on the 'Twitter Feed' icon in the editing toolbar
- Place the code in the Widget code box
- Click on 'Insert'
- The account should now be visible i.e. you can see 'Tweets by ....'
- Depending on your role:
if you are a Senior Editor: click on 'Publishing options - Draft (Current)' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Editor: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Author: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'needs review' from the drop-down menu
- If you need to put the page in the menu, check the instructions for putting a page in the website's menu
- Finally, check on different browsers to check you are happy with the result, including on a mobile device