Drupal CMS: Call to Action button
Learn to use the call to action button in Drupal.
Before you start
When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
A call-to-action or a CTA button is used to encourage users to act on something e.g. register for a conference, apply for a course, make a payment etc. - see the bottom of this page for an example.
The CTA button will always be the same colour, blue, to ensure users encounter consistency when using the different websites at UCL.
The following four things are required when creating a CTA button:
- The text of the button - keywords which will tell the user why to click on the button
- The width of the button - width of the whole page, or a percentage e.g. 50%
- The alignment of the button - left, centre or right
- The link where the button will point to - the URL or web address
- Place the cursor where you would like the button to appear
- Click on the CTA button icon in the editing toolbar
- Type in the text for the button
- Choose the size of the button
- Choose the alignment of the button
- Provide the link
Click on the example button below to be taken to the ISD homepage:
Help and support
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.