Here you'll find information about how to access funding resources at UCL, as well as tips and links to external funding sources.
Jump to a section
GRANTfinder runs RESEARCHconnect, an online funding database containing thousands of funding opportunities for the UK research community.
RESEARCHconnect is free for everyone in UCL and allows you to:
- use the advanced or free text search function to find relevant funding opportunities
- save commonly used searches, set up email alerts and create tailored reports of results
- share and comment on funding opportunities with selected individuals or groups.
Sign on using your UCL single sign-on credentials, type in UCL as the institution and select from the drop-down list.
UCL's Research Coordination Teams provide advice, support and guidance on finding and applying for research funding. They also coordinate applications for large-scale funding calls and organise events and training through the UCL Research Domains.
These teams can provide support for:
- large research applications
- fellowship applications
- new academics applying for their first grants
- academics applying to unfamiliar funding streams
- PIs responding to reviewer's comments
- setting up mock panel interviews
- drafting UCL letters of support for grant applications
You can also book a 1-to-1 session for feedback on draft applications, or to discuss funding opportunities for your research.
Visit their pages to learn more (UCL login required):
Research & Development Manager, Marilyn Aviles
Marilyn provides research facilitation and development support within the Institute of Healthcare Engineering and works closely with the BEAMS Research Coordination Office.
Marilyn is able to provide support with research applications, scoping for funding, project management, and can provide advice around UCL research infrastructure.
To contact Marilyn, please email email@example.com
UCL funds research through a number of programmes, including:
- UCL Grand Challenges: supports cross-disciplinary collaborations that address societal problems
- Global Engagement Office: supports overseas collaborations
- Innovation and Enterprise: supports innovation, commercialisation of research and industry collaboration
- Public Engagement: supports engagement activities and researcher training
The UCL Institute of Healthcare Engineering also offers funding opportunities, including an ongoing Workshop Award scheme.
Websites and databases
- SLMS funding opportunities: a comprehensive database of internal and externally-managed calls, relevant to SLMS researchers
- BEAMS funding page: contains a list of fellowship opportunities, as well as relevant calls for BEAMS researchers