UCL IHE Impact Fellowship
Over the course of the scheme, Fellows receive personalised training and skills-building in a range of engagement and impact topics, including co-production, policy engagement, media engagement and science communication.
Fellows also receive a wealth of additional advice and guidance, including mentorship from experts, peer-to-peer learning activities and opportunities for external network-building and exchanges.
Crucially, all Fellows are supported to take part in at least one structured activity each term which allows them to practice the skills they've learned.
Since the scheme's launch, we have:
- Trained 50 Impact Fellows
- Provided funding to help Fellows bring their engagement activities to life
- Arranged secondments and volunteering in policy, co-production, responsible innovation and museums
- Held 4 live public shows highlighting our Fellow's impactful research and attracting more than 1,000 viewers
- Supported activities including policy roundtables, artistic workshops, outreach to disadvantaged pupils, and PPI networks
Who's eligible for the scheme?
All UCL researchers whose work is related to digital and medical technologies can apply for the scheme.
How to apply
Applications for the next round of the Fellowship scheme will open in September 2023. Please keep an eye out for further announcements!
Interested in learning more?
Contact Alice Hardy, IHE Communications & Impact Manager, for more details about the scheme and how we collaborate with other parts of UCL.