Dr Holger Kunz
Institute of Health Informatics
- Joined UCL
- 12th Aug 2015
I have been interested in health informatics, health data science, digital health for two decades. My interest in these areas developed at the end of my first degree in computer science. My interests are including but not limited to the following topics:(1) an expert system with application in health care for clinical quality measurement
(2) medical imaging and supervised classification of MR images to support proton radiation therapy of eye tumours
(3) description and design of a knowledge database for feature extraction in medical imaging
(4) classification of atherothrombotic events in myocardial infarctions survivors with supervised machine learning using data from an electronic health record system.
- Programme Director for MSc in Health Data Science
- Module lead: 'Machine Learning in Healthcare and Biomedicine'
- Module lead: 'Machine Learning in Healthcare' (blended/distance)
- Module lead: 'Scientific Software Development with Python for Health Research'
- Co-module lead: Principles of Health Data Science
- Co-module lead: 'Advanced Machine Learning in Healthcare'
- Contribution: eHealth in MBBS (UCL Medical School)