HDR UK Quinquennial Frontiers Meeting - 26 April 2021
20 April 2021
The first of two Frontiers meetings which will provide a collaborative opportunity for our community and partners to come together to shape the HDR UK vision, strategy and delivery for the second quinquennium - 26 April 2021 13:00-17:00.
HDR UK is now over halfway through its first quinquennium (5-year funding period), and preparations for our quinquennial review by our core funders are underway. Through a series of collaborative meetings, we are coming together as a national research institute, crossing disciplines and organisations to co-develop an innovative vision for the second quinquennium of HDR UK (2023-2028).
In the first of our Frontiers meetings on 26 April 2021, we will:
- Share current “blue sky” visions for the second quinquennium across each of the HDR UK Core themes (Applied Analytics, Phenomics, Understanding Causes of Disease, Public Health, Better Care, Clinical Trials, Training, Infrastructure, International)
- Refine our ideas and identify additional opportunities for HDR UK to act as a world-leading, innovator of the future.
- Consider and align around cross-cutting requirements to enable high-quality research across our Core Themes.
This workshop is open to all members of the HDR community, as well as current and future partners, and will be of particular interest to those involved in the following areas:
- Improving public health
- Clinical trials
- Applied analytics
- Human phenome
- Better care
- Understanding causes of diseases
If you would like to contribute to any of these meetings to help shape the scientific vision, please contact the people listed below:
- Applied Analytics – Rebecca Lees
- Better Care – Alice Turnbull
- Clinical Trials – Victoria Effiom
- Human Phenome – Serina Hayes
- Improving Public Health – Alysha Morgan
- Understanding Causes of Disease – Richard Houghton
- Training – Sarah Cadman
- Infrastructure – Charles Gibbons