At the intersection of clinical research and computer science, the Data Lab seeks to develop data-driven computational methods and tools for exploiting electronic health records for biomedical research. The Lab is involved in the development of novel methods, tools and scripts, and preparation of data from electronic health records for research.
The Data Lab team, consisting of experienced data scientists and statisticians, has extensive expertise in the curation and analysis of large, linked health and administrative datasets, and is involved across all stages of the project, from providing initial advice, development of disease definitions and classifications through to extraction and release of data onto the data safe haven.
Head of the Data Lab team
- Dr Spiros Denaxas, Associate Professor
- Dr Arturo Gonzalez-Izquierdo, Senior Data Scientist
- Dr Kenan Direk, Data Scientist
- Dr Michail Katsoulis, Statistician
- Dr Ghazaleh Fatemifar, Genetic Epidemiologist
- Dr Maria Pikoula, Clinical Data Systems Architect
- Dr Vaclav Papez, Research Associate in Health Data Systems
Project management and facilitation
- Ms Natalie Fitzpatrick, Data Science Facilitator