The UCL Centre for the Forensic Sciences is a ground-breaking interdisciplinary initiative that brings together academics and practitioners committed to developing the academic discipline. Our research is empirically based, casework informed, and focused on delivering real world impact in a variety of ways:
- We are pioneering innovative forensic science research with two major themes:
- We deliver internationally excellent research-led teaching on our MSc Crime and Forensic Science programme.
- We organise a wide range of engagement activities including a quarterly bulletin and events catering for different audiences.
- We offer consultancy in a range of forensic disciplines including evidence interpretation, DNA and forensic geoscience.
- Through all our activities we aim to create solutions to complex challenges in forensic science, to ultimately aid the justice system.
" ...The simple reality is that the interpretation of forensic evidence is not always based on scientific studies to determine its validity. This is a serious problem. Although research has been done in some disciplines, there is a notable dearth of peer-reviewed, published studies establishing the scientific bases and validity of many forensic methods.