UCL Bloomsbury campus has a high volume of pedestrian and vehicle movements every day. Pedestrian safety is the top priority, therefore, all vehicle access is restricted.
Requesting vehicle access to Bloomsbury campus
If you require vehicle access to UCL's Bloombury's campus, you must complete the vehicle management form.
Traffic rules for Bloomsbury campus
- All vehicle movement onsite must adhere to the UCL Traffic Management Plan
- Site speed limit is walking pace only (3mph)
- Hazard warning lights must be switched on when driving on site
- Drivers must await instruction from a logistics operative, traffic marshal or security officer prior to manoeuvring.
- All reversing must be under the instruction of a logistics operative, traffic marshal or security officer.
- Engines must be switched off when stationary unless operationally essential.
Deliveries and collections for Bloomsbury campus
- Construction, Facilities and Departmental deliveries/collections MUST be booked in a delivery slot via the Vehicle Management System (VMS) form linked above.
- Deliveries outside of 07:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday should be notified in advance to security by email. email@example.com
- Vehicles are only allowed to stay a maximum of 30 minutes for loading and unloading activities unless authorised in advance.
- Vehicle drivers must comply with directions of UCL security and Logistics operatives/traffic marshals.
- When possible, vehicles will be turned to face the exit route prior to unloading.
- Vehicles must NOT park or unload anywhere in a manner that reduces the walkway for pedestrians to ≤1 metre or restrict emergency vehicle access.
- Double parking when delivering is NOT permitted.
- All loads must be secured prior to moving.
Cycling rules for Bloomsbury campus
- Cycling is NOT allowed on Campus - Cyclists must dismount and walk with their bikes at all times.