Current and past LS projects and the outputs resulting from this research
7-Up, Social Mobility and University
8 November 2019, 6 – 9 pm
Cumberland Hall, Ullswater Community College, Wetheriggs Lane, Penrith CA11 8NG
The 'Up' series, which has followed 14 people since 1964 when they were 7 years old, was shown on ITV in June. CeLSIUS has used 40 years of census information to see how fairly the series represents society - could the participants' pathways have been predicted back in 1964?
Join us to:
- Find out more about what the group of 14 were like when they were 7 years old back in 1964.
- Learn more about Neil, one of the group, who is now a local councillor in Penrith and completed an Open University degree in his 40s.
- Judge for yourself whether social mobility in the UK is increasing or decreasing.
- Learn about schemes and event that universities hold so that you can experience what university life might be like.
The event is free and open to all year 11 and sixth form students, and their parents and teachers.
Secure data training at ONS: future dates
- Tuesday 19 November 2019, ONS Titchfield
- Friday 13 December, ONS Pimlico
- ONS office locations
To attend, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the date:
The UK Census Longitudinal Studies (UKCenLS) 2020 Conference
20 April 2020, Cardiff Castle