The UCL Centre for Languages & International Education (CLIE) offers a range of 0.5 and 1.0 course units (15 and 30 credits/7.5 and 15 ECTS respectively).
- form part of undergraduate and graduate degree programmes.
- are open to all current University of London undergraduates and graduates.
- Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish 0.5 and 1.0 course units (15 and 30 credits/7.5 and 15 ECTS respectively).
- 3 English for Academic Purposes 0.5 course units (15 credits/7.5 ECTS).
- a BSL (British Sign Language) 0.5 course unit (15 credits/7.5 ECTS).
- Modern foreign language course units
- Seven levels from complete beginners (syllabus A) to advanced (syllabus D) and post-A level (Business and Current Affairs; Current Affairs and Culture (Social, Historical and Political); Professional Purposes II; Academic Purposes II; Translation Skills). We also offer French for Art Historians and Italian for Art Historians at intermediate level. Currently Arabic is available at levels 1 to 5 (Business and Current Affairs), Dutch is available at levels 1 to 4 and Portuguese is available at levels 1 to 3.
- Most levels are available as either a 0.5 unit or a 1.0 unit (7.5 or 15 ECTS/15 or 30 graduate credits respectively). A 1.0 unit (15 ECTS/30 graduate credits) is more intensive and enables you to make faster progress and cover more material.
- English for Academic Purposes course units
- English Language Skills for Academic Purposes – 0.5 course unit (7.5 ECTS/15 graduate credits).
- Academic Writing in English for Non-Native Speakers – 0.5 course unit (7.5 ECTS/15 graduate credits).
- Academic Writing in English for Native Speakers – 0.5 course unit (7.5 ECTS).
- British Sign Language 0.5 course unit
- BSL (British Sign Language) - Introduction [LCBS6001] - 0.5 course unit (7.5 ECTS)
- This course teaches the basics of British Sign Language and the British Deaf community.
Much of this site is restricted to current UCL staff and students. For access you will require a valid UCL Information Services Division computer account and password.