EPICentre investigates risks from natural hazards to society, the built environment and the natural environment. Our research projects adopt a range of skills for tackling complex real-world problems.
For more information on EPICentre, including people, research and resources, visit https://www.ucl.ac.uk/epicentre.
Please note, links on this page may direct to external sites.
A dynamic, multidisciplinary research centre, EPICentre collaborates with the UCL Hazard Centre and UCL IRDR, whilst also having strong industrial links. A member of the Willis Research Network (WRN), EPICentre has research projects across the globe with several international partners, and the World Bank.
EPICentre members contribute to the following CEGE degree programmes:
There are additionally other Master's programmes at UCL that fall within the research interests of EPICentre:
- Engineering for International Development MSc
- Urban Sustainability and Resilience MRes
- Geophysical Hazards MSc
- Risk Representation and Behaviours in Individuals
- Post Disaster Recovery and Reconstruction
- Vulnerability of Cities and Infrastructure to Natural Hazards
- Societal and Engineering Resilience
- Heritage Conservation Engineering