Why GEE and UCL for your fellowship?
- We support fellows through our fellowship mentoring scheme and networking events, to help you to successfully develop your career.
- We provide a stimulating environment for research, with several of our institutes and research centres focused on broad topics in ecology, genetics and evolution.
- We support you through the application process, providing feedback in developing your project, refining your application and preparing you for your interview.
- Our staff include current fellows and many established researchers who started their careers on fellowships, all of whom will be able to share their experience in the development of applications.
Explore our institutes and research centres
- Centre for Biodiversity and Environment Research (CBER)
- UCL Genetics Institute (UGI)
- Centre for Computational Biology
- Institute of Healthy Ageing (IHA)
- Centre for Life's Origins and Evolution (CLOE)
Types of fellowships available
Depending on the type of fellowship you are aiming for, there are two different processes to follow. If you are unsure which type of fellowship is right for you, take a look at examples of the different schemes and the eligibility criteria below.
For junior postdoctoral fellowships, we recommend you get in contact with a GEE academic in a relevant research area. They are best placed to advise you on how they and their research group could support you.
Independent fellowship are suitable for researchers with some postdoctoral experience who are ready to start up their own independent research programme. UCL has a policy to provide successful senior fellowship holders with permanent position.
Hear from current Research Fellows