Please follow links on our Labs and Groups to see the activities of individual scientists.
- Research Centres
Departmental staff are involved in a variety of cross-departmental groupings with members from the Division of Biosciences, the Departments of Medical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science and Physics, and other London based institutes like the Natural History Museum, the Zoological Society of London and several other members of the University of London.
- Institute of Healthy Ageing (Director Professor Dame Linda Partridge, FRS)
- R. A. Fisher Centre of Computational Biology (Director, Professor Ziheng Yang, FRS)
- Centre for Biodiversity and Environmental Research (Director, Professor Richard Pearson)
- UCL Genetics Institute (Director, Professor Francois Balloux)
- Centre for Ecology & Evolution (Directors, Dr Seirian Sumner and Professor Anjali Goswami, NHM)
- Centre for Life's Origins and Evolution (Director, Professor Max Telford)
- Research Facilities
GEE and the Division provide a number of research facilities in the area of Biosciences research.
UCL Sequencing Facility
This in house facility offers cost-effective Sanger sequencing and DNA fragment genotyping services using an ABI3730xl DNA Analyzer located in the Darwin Building.
UCL Nanostring Facility
The UCL Nanostring Facility has been established to provide access to the nCounter technology for the research community. The facility owes its origins to a UCL Platform Technologies Initiative Grant and it is managed by the GEE Department.
The Francis Wall Oliver Research Facility - Blakeney Point
Situated in Norfolk, Blakeney Point provides a base for ecological studies of the coastal ecosystems in its surroundings and is used for undergraduate field courses.
This central UCL service facility provides various kinds of high-throughput analyses, such as next-generation sequencing (454, Illumina, ABI SOLiD), microarray analysis or high-throughput SNP genotyping.
UCL Research Computing
UCL provides researchers with high-performance computing capacity including Legion and Iridis. UCL also provides access to STFC hosted Emerald high performance system. These facilities are accessible to any UCL researcher with high computing demands.
UCL Biosciences Research Facilities
The Division of Biosciences provides a number of central services for all staff