The CBC’s bespoke training workshops help institutions across the public, commercial and third sectors to understand and apply behaviour change science to a range of issues.
We tailor the course materials to the needs of your organisation as much as possible and build time into the workshops to look at case studies of current behaviour change projects that participants are involved in. Organisations undergoing our training have applied their learning to topics such as:
- Development of digital behaviour change interventions
- Application of systems thinking in public health
- Improving physical activity and dietary behaviour in populations
- Implementing guidance
- Improving diversity (e.g. participation and inclusion of under-represented groups)
- Reducing energy use in systems and organisations
- Organisational change
- Research methodology
- Improving management of human resources
To request training, please register your interest by completing the training request form available on the right-hand side of this page.
Safefood and Health Service Executive, Ireland
The CBC ran two courses on behaviour change intervention design for policy-makers, clinicians and communication teams in Safefood and Health Service Executive, Ireland. The training addressed projects such as a public health campaign on healthy eating for children and an intervention for healthcare staff to encourage them to make every contact count. Following the training, new campaigns were developed including one that targeted parents’ and carers’ sense of identity as a protector (a ‘Hero’), to encourage them to say no to repeated requests for sweet treats, as “it’s a heroic thing to do because it will help children stay healthy”.