Learn more about the Mission-Oriented Innovation Network (MOIN)'s activity to date.
March 2019: First MOIN Annual Meeting
- The Network convened at The Rockefeller Foundation’s Bellagio Centre in Northern Italy
- Members engaged in a three-day seminar discussing the ROAR framework, which aims to empower public-sector organisations in the pursuit of public-value driven innovation
- The outcome of the meeting will be the ROAR Guidebook, a report which provides advice on the practical tools needed to pursue ambitious mission-driven policies
January 2019: MOIN hosts public policy colloquium on challenge prizes:
- MOIN hosted a public policy colloquium “Sparking social innovation through crowdsourcing and prizes: Does Finland lead the way?”
- The event examined possibilities and limits of using challenge prizes as an instrument in driving mission-oriented innovation
Spring/Summer 2018: MOIN co-creates the policy brief titled The Economics of Change:
- MOIN organised a number of workshops and webinars on the issue with UK's Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
- This line of activity resulted in the IIPP policy report The Economics of Change
March 2018: MOIN launches:
- The network launched in March 2018, with presentations and workshops led by path-breaking innovators from 10 countries with experience in creating, capturing and nurturing public value
If you are interested in joining the network, please contact:
Rainer Kattel, Deputy Director at IIPP:
Ville Takala, Senior Research Associate at IIPP: