Dr Kris Lockyear
Institute of Archaeology Gordon Square
Institute of Archaeology
- Joined UCL
- 16th May 1996
- Geophysical survey in archaeology
- Archaeological methods, especially in field archaeology, including field survey, photography, and excavation.
- Iron age and Roman archaeology and numismatics particularly in the UK and Romania.
- Multivariate Statistical methods.
- The archaeology and history of Hertfordshire
Kris will be on sabbatical leave during academic year 2018-19
- University College London
- PhD, | 1996
- University of Southampton
- MSc, Archaeological Science | 1989
- University of Durham
- BA Hons, Archaeology | 1987
- BA, MSc, PhD, FSA
- Senior Lecturer in Archaeology
- Council Member: Royal Numismatic Society
- Editor: Royal Numismatic Society Special Publications
In 2000, Kris, in collaboration with Adrian Popescu (Cambridge) and Tim Sly (Southampton) began a field project at the major Roman and Byzantine site of Noviodunum which lies on the banks of the Danube in eastern Romania. Major excavation seasons took place between 2005--2010. The project is currently being written-up.