UCL Anthropology


Information for Current Students


Induction Week
Student Handbooks
Policies, Regulations and Guidelines
Department Timetable

All teaching timetables for this academic year are available on UCL Online Timetable.

Quick direct links to the department timetables including our degree programme timetables are available on this page. 

For individual module timetable, please visit the module page from the Undergraduate Modules List and Postgraduate Options List.


BSc Anthropology 1st YearTerm 1Term 2
BSc Anthropology 2nd YearTerm 1Term 2
BSc Anthropology 3rd YearTerm 1Term 2
IBSc Medical AnthropologyTerm 1Term 2


All Postgraduate coursesTerm 1Term 2
MA Ethnographic and Documentary FilmTerm 1Term 2
MA Materials, Anthropology and DesignTerm 1Term 2
MA Material and Visual CultureTerm 1Term 2
MRes AnthropologyTerm 1Term 2
MSc Anthropology, Environment and DevelopmentTerm 1Term 2
MSc Digital AnthropologyTerm 1Term 2
MSc Human Evolution and BehaviourTerm 1Term 2
MSc Medical AnthropologyTerm 1Term 2
MSc Social and Cultural AnthropologyTerm 1Term 2
Writing Tutor

The departmental Writing Tutor is available to help UCL Anthropology students, both undergraduate and postgraduate, improve their writing skills. This includes everything from basic issues of essay organisation, citation and how to avoid plagiarism as well as the more complicated aspects such as argumentation and style. Whether the student simply has not been taught the skill set required for academic writing; is looking to improve upon what skills they already have; or has changed disciplines and is unfamiliar with the writing styles and conventions normative to the social sciences-the Writing Tutor can help in that process.

For further information, students should check out the Writing Tutor's Moodle site at: https://moodle-1819.ucl.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=9505

Other Resources:

UCL has a number of resources available to help students improve their academic skills set. The following are a few of these that may be worth taking a look at.

The UCL Language Centre offers full and part-time English for Academic Purposes and foundation courses for international students as well as foreign language courses.

The Study Skills website links to a number of useful resources specifically geared toward new or returning students looking to learn how to take responsibility for their own study.

The Graduate School is host to UCL's Royal Literary Fund Fellows, professional authors who offer one-to-one tutorials in effective academic writing, free of charge, to all students at UCL.

Individual Studies
  • Individual Studies booklet for 3rd years
  • Individual Studies Powerpoint Presentation Groups
Registering Dissertation and Fieldwork

All students must read the departmental Research Ethics and Ethics Protocol before completing all the forms required.

New General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) after April 2018 & Template Forms

Forms for All Students (UG/PGT/PGR)

Forms for PhD only

Forms for Masters only

Forms for Undergraduate only

Language Resources
PGR Student Conference Fund

Each year all UCL Departments are required to set aside funds to help students attend conferences and workshops. The Anthropology Department sets aside £6000 per year for this purpose and all MPhil/PhD students are invited to apply for funding that will cover the cost of travelling to conferences, registering and securing accommodation. The fund is intended to support students who are self-funded or who are not funded for conferences.

Ethics Protocol