- Induction Week
- Student Handbooks
- MPhil/PhD Student Handbook - the Handbook is currently being updated. If you have any questions please contact Samantha Webb at: email@example.com
- Policies, Regulations and Guidelines
- Department Timetable
All teaching timetables for this academic year are available on UCL Online Timetable.
Quick direct links to the department timetables including our degree programme timetables are available on this page.
BSc Anthropology 1st Year Term 1 Term 2 BSc Anthropology 2nd Year Term 1 Term 2 BSc Anthropology 3rd Year Term 1 Term 2 IBSc Medical Anthropology Term 1 Term 2
All Postgraduate courses Term 1 Term 2 MA Ethnographic and Documentary Film Term 1 Term 2 MA Materials, Anthropology and Design Term 1 Term 2 MA Material and Visual Culture Term 1 Term 2 MRes Anthropology Term 1 Term 2 MSc Anthropology, Environment and Development Term 1 Term 2 MSc Digital Anthropology Term 1 Term 2 MSc Human Evolution and Behaviour Term 1 Term 2 MSc Medical Anthropology Term 1 Term 2 MSc Social and Cultural Anthropology Term 1 Term 2
- Personal Tutors
- BSc Anthropology 1st Year Personal Tutors (PDF)
- BSc Anthropology 2nd Year Personal Tutors (PDF)
- BSc Anthropology 3rd Year Personal Tutors (PDF)
- UG1 PT Meeting Form Term 1 (DOCX)
- UG1 PT Meeting Form Term 2 (DOCX)
- UG2 PT Meeting Form Term 1 (DOCX)
- UG2 PT Meeting Form Term 2(DOCX)
- UG3/4 PT Meeting Form Term 1 (DOCX)
- UG2 Supervisor Meeting Form Term 2 (DOCX)
- UG3/4 Supervisor Meeting Form Term 1 (DOCX)
- UG3/4 Supervisor Meeting Form Term 2 (DOCX)
- Writing Tutor
The departmental Writing Tutor is available to help UCL Anthropology students, both undergraduate and postgraduate, improve their writing skills. This includes everything from basic issues of essay organisation, citation and how to avoid plagiarism as well as the more complicated aspects such as argumentation and style. Whether the student simply has not been taught the skill set required for academic writing; is looking to improve upon what skills they already have; or has changed disciplines and is unfamiliar with the writing styles and conventions normative to the social sciences-the Writing Tutor can help in that process.
For further information, students should check out the Writing Tutor's Moodle site at: https://moodle-1819.ucl.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=9505
UCL has a number of resources available to help students improve their academic skills set. The following are a few of these that may be worth taking a look at.
The UCL Language Centre offers full and part-time English for Academic Purposes and foundation courses for international students as well as foreign language courses.
The Study Skills website links to a number of useful resources specifically geared toward new or returning students looking to learn how to take responsibility for their own study.
The Graduate School is host to UCL's Royal Literary Fund Fellows, professional authors who offer one-to-one tutorials in effective academic writing, free of charge, to all students at UCL.
- Individual Studies
- Individual Studies booklet for 3rd years
- Individual Studies Powerpoint Presentation Groups
- Registering Dissertation and Fieldwork
New General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) after April 2018 & Template Forms
Forms for All Students (UG/PGT/PGR)
Forms for PhD only
Forms for Masters only
Forms for Undergraduate only
- Language Resources
- PGR Student Conference Fund
Each year all UCL Departments are required to set aside funds to help students attend conferences and workshops. The Anthropology Department sets aside £6000 per year for this purpose and all MPhil/PhD students are invited to apply for funding that will cover the cost of travelling to conferences, registering and securing accommodation. The fund is intended to support students who are self-funded or who are not funded for conferences.
- Ethics Protocol