Our department is one of the few in the country that combines Biological Anthropology, Social Anthropology, Material Culture and Medical Anthropology to give you a truly broad-based anthropology degree. The breadth and depth of this interdisciplinary approach is reflected in our teaching and research.
Studying Anthropology at UCL
Watch some of our students talk about what anthropology is to them and why they are studying the subject.
We hold a range of online seminars every week during term time. These seminars are open to all:
- Material, Visual and Digital Culture
- Evolutionary Anthropology
- Human Ecology Research Group
- Social Anthropology
- Anthropology in the Professional World
- Medical Anthropology
- QueerAnth Seminar Series
Medical Anthropology Blog
- Reflections on Stress and Place in the Time of Coronavirus
- The Haunting Past of Anthropology: Why it is important for the present
Evolutionary Anthropology Group Blog
- Revolution and the Afterlife
- How can evolutionary behavioural sciences help us understand behaviour in a pandemic?
Anthropology of Smartphones and Smart Ageing Blog
Anthropology of Architecture
- Social Housing in the UK: an Anthropological Insight
- Cultural Identity and Sustainable Architecture in the Anthropocene