Our department is one of the few in the country that combines Biological Anthropology, Social Anthropology, Material Culture and Medical Anthropology to give you a truly broad-based anthropology degree. The breadth and depth of this interdisciplinary approach is reflected in our teaching and research.
Black Lives Matter and the “I Can’t Breathe” Anti-Racism Protests
Covid-19 Research at UCL Anthropology
Studying Anthropology at UCL
Watch some of our students talk about what anthropology is to them and why they are studying the subject.
Find out why Fred chose to study Anthropology at UCL and how he combined his passion for Brazilian Jujitsu with his studies and research.
Listen to Sarah and Delphine talk about using objects in the UCL Ethnography Collection for research on tattoos.
During his Anthropology BSc at UCL Michael chose to focus on the value of community spaces in London and what the role of sound and music is in it.
Medical Anthropology Blog
- Lives and Deaths with Dementia During Covid-19: Our Shameful (But Hopefully Transformative) Post-Pandemic Legacy
- The Virus And Fear: How Will We Deal With These Two Pandemics?
- Guatemala’s Recycler Women Champion Environmentalism
- Coronavirus vs Face Masks: Victims of Our Own Successes
Evolutionary Anthropology Group Blog
- How human behaviour affects virus evolution
- Communal Breeding and Breastfeeding: How to Support Mothers?
Anthropology of Smartphones and Smart Ageing Blog