Our community sits at the heart of one of the world's most dynamic cities. London offers an unrivalled range of cultural, academic and business resources.
Our central London location gives our students access not only to the best in entertainment and nightlife, but also to cultural and academic resources. We are close to, and have numerous teaching and research links with hospitals, museums, galleries, libraries and professional bodies - including:
- approximately 250 museums and galleries, many of which are world famous, such as the National Gallery, Tate Modern and the British Museum.
- 385 public libraries and nearly one-third third of all the archives in the UK.
- entertainment venues, including classical music and opera at the Royal Albert Hall, Barbican and the Royal Opera House, and famous film venues including the Prince Charles Cinema and National Film Theatre.
- internationally famous sporting venues, including Wimbledon for tennis, Twickenham for rugby, Lord's and the Oval for cricket and Wembley for football.
- access to London's vibrant business community and a wide breadth of employers, from finance in the City of London and Canary Wharf, to entrepreneurial and tech start-ups in East London Tech City.
- across all areas of study, research and work at UCL, the London location brings huge benefits, from leading think tanks for those interested in policy, to world-leading hospitals for those pursuing careers in health.
Students are eligible for 30% off adult travelcards and bus passes valid for a week or longer. London also has a network of cycling paths and dedicated cycling lanes, with recent improvements around UCL's Bloomsbury campus.
UCL students have access to a number of halls of residence and student houses, many of which are located within a mile of UCL's Bloomsbury campus. First-year undergraduate students are guaranteed accommodation (subject to conditions).