The Department of Statistical Science at UCL offers a friendly and supportive atmosphere, where small-group teaching and personal attention are available for all students. When founded, it was the first university statistics department in the world; however, research and teaching have kept pace with modern concerns, including applications of statistics in science, medicine, industry, economics and finance. The department occupies recently refurbished accommodation with its own lecture theatre, common room, reading room and computer room.
All our undergraduate degree programmes, except the Economics and Statistics BSc, are accredited by the Royal Statistical Society, enabling you to be granted automatic Graduate Statistician (GradStat) status if you achieve second class Honours or better and choose a sufficient number of optional courses in Statistical Science. Graduates of the Economics and Statistics BSc may also be eligible depending on the courses they choose. Meetings of the Royal Statistical Society take place near to UCL, and are open to all. The student-run UCL Statistics Society also organises activities.
- Degree programmes - the different degree courses we offer
- Entry Procedure - how to apply for one of our degree programmes
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding undergraduate admissions
- Professional accreditation
- Programme specifications
- Student Handbook 2013 (PDF)
The Department also contributes to the Natural Sciences degree programme, which offers students the opportunity to study combinations of subjects including physics / astrophysics, mathematics, chemistry, earth sciences, life sciences, maths / statistics and science and technology studies.
Other useful links
- Term dates (academic year 2013-2014)
- Information about accommodation
- Information about fees, costs and funding
- Information about scholarships
- Information for international students
- Information about the UCL Careers Service
Page last modified on 23 oct 13 14:32