Law Econ Soc News
- New Associate Members at CLES
- Deputy Assistant Attorney General at the US Department of Justice visits the Centre for Law, Economics and Society (CLES)
- Professor Ioannis Lianos and Dr. George Barker appointed as members of the panel of experts of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- The first results of the Gutenberg research project on impact assessments in Europe published
- Florence Thépot wins World Competition Young Writers Award 2013
- Dr. Javier Tapia appointed Judge at the Competition Tribunal of the Republic of Chile
- CLES Appoints Professors William Comanor and Wolfgang Kerber
- Ioannis Lianos trains the newly established Hong Kong Competition Tribunal and lectures to the judges of the Hong Kong High Court
A new events program is in development, please check back at a later date.
For more information and to view past events, please go to the events pages.
For general enquiries, please contact:
+44 (0)20 7679 1407
t.wingender [at] ucl.ac.uk
For research project enquiries, please contact:
Dr Ioannis Lianos
+44 (0)20 7679 1028
i.lianos [at] ucl.ac.uk .
- The One and the Many: Elaborating a taxonomy of Impact Assessment practices in Europe by Ioannis Lianos and Mihaly Fazekas
For more working papers, please visit the CLES Research Paper Series section on this website.
Ioannis Lianos trains the newly established Hong Kong Competition Tribunal and lectures to the judges of the Hong Kong High Court
21 March 2014
Ioannis Lianos has been invited to provide advanced training in competition law to the newly formed Competition Tribunal of Hong Kong. Hong Kong has adopted a Competition Ordinance in 2012, the first competition law that applies to the entire economy of Hong Kong. The Competition Tribunal, which forms part of the High Court, will adjudicate the cases brought before it by the newly formed Competition Commission of Hong Kong. The Tribunal is also able to review certain determinations of the Commission, and will hear private follow-on actions. Ioannis Lianos was also invited to lecture to the entire High Court on best practices for the assessment of economic evidence. Lianos held also meetings with the members of the Hong Kong Competition Commission and was invited to lecture at the Competition Commission on the application of EU competition law to Resale Price Maintenance clauses.
Page last modified on 21 mar 14 10:27