Law Econ Soc News
- Florence Thépot wins World Competition Young Writers Award 2013
- Dr. Javier Tapia appointed Judge at the Competition Tribunal of the Republic of Chile
- CLES Appoints Professors William Comanor and Wolfgang Kerber
- Ioannis Lianos trains the newly established Hong Kong Competition Tribunal and lectures to the judges of the Hong Kong High Court
- Dr Lianos appointed Visiting Professor at the University of Chile's Faculty of Law
- Dr Lianos speaks to All Party Parliamentary Group at the House of Lords
- Regulating Trade in Services in the EU and WTO: Trust, Distrust and Economic Integration
- PhD candidate Florence Thépot awarded research fellowship
- PhD candidate Matt Strader attended the International Graduate Legal Research Conference
- PhD candidate Matt Strader attends course in Gerzensee in Switzerland
- Dr Lianos speaks at St Petersburg International Legal Forum
- Global Limits of Competition Law
- PhD candidate Deni Mantzari attends European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) conference
- PhD candidate Deni Mantzari invited to participate in EU Judicial Training
- Sport and Competition Law
- The CLES co-organised conference in Chicago on Brands, Competition and the Law
- Professor William S. Comanor speaks on mergers and innovation in the pharmaceutical industry
- A panel of experts from the United States and Europe explore the law and economics of resale price maintenance
- Dr Ioannis Lianos speaks at the First "Open Innovations" Forum (Moscow)
- Dr Ioannis Lianos awarded the prestigious Philip Leverhulme prize 2012
- The first results of the Gutenberg research project on impact assessments in Europe published
The CLES is currently planning the following events:
Multi-Sided Platforms: Business, Economics & Competition Policy
A 5 hour CPD course
29 October 2014
For more information, please go to the events pages.
For general enquiries, please contact:
+44 (0)20 7679 1407
t.wingender [at] ucl.ac.uk
For research project enquiries, please contact:
Dr Ioannis Lianos
+44 (0)20 7679 1028
i.lianos [at] ucl.ac.uk .
- The One and the Many: Elaborating a taxonomy of Impact Assessment practices in Europe by Ioannis Lianos and Mihaly Fazekas
For more working papers, please visit the CLES Research Paper Series section on this website.
Dr Lianos speaks at St Petersburg International Legal Forum
17 July 2012
Dr Ioannis Lianos, Director of the CLES and Co- Director of the Institute of Global Law, and Mr Martin Adams, a UCL alumnus and associate at international law firm Kirkland & Ellis LLP in New York, were invited to speak at the 2nd St Petersburg International Legal Forum. The forum was held under the auspices of the Russian Presidency at the State Hermitage in St Petersburg on May 16-19 2012.
The forum was opened by Russian Prime Minister D. Medvedev and included as main speakers, among others, the Lord Chancellor, Kenneth Clarke, US Attorney General, Eric Holder, and the Minister of Justice of the People's Republic of China, Wu Aiying.
Dr Lianos contributed to the plenary session of the forum on the "Implementation of the Open Government Initiatives in the Legal System" discussing the European OpenGov experience. Other panellists in this session included the Minister of Justice of the Russian Federation and the Assistant Attorney General of the US Department of Justice. Mr Adams and Dr Lianos also contributed as speakers to the session on "Social Networks and Mobile Applications: Challenges and Opportunities for Legal Regulation", a forward looking discussion of the important challenges faced by a number of jurisdictions worldwide in the regulation of social media platforms (with regard to privacy, antitrust and network neutrality issues) but also of the important transformation of social relations that the emergence of these new technologies entails.
Page last modified on 17 jul 12 14:59