The EGA Hospital Charity supports postgraduate research at UCL by offering an annual scholarship for a PhD student which funds the applicant's university fees
The EGA Hospital Charity Research Scholarship
The Institute for Women's Health (IfWH) invites you to apply for the 2022-2023 EGA Hospital Charity Research Scholarship
Value of Award:
Research Student Tuition Fees for the IfWH MPhil/PhD programme(1).
- Current fees for UK students are £5690 per annum for 3 years of full-time study (total £17070) or £2845 per annum for 5 years part-time (total £14225).
- The award will be paid annually in instalments when UCL fees fall due.
- The monies are not intended to cover project costs.
Number of awards:
One award each year
You are eligible to apply for the scholarship if:
- you are a UK postgraduate student current, registered or accepted for registration at UCL
- from any specialty or discipline (laboratory scientist, medical practitioner, nurse, midwife, health scientist, etc.)
- your primary supervisor is within the Institute for Women’s Health
- your research project has been approved (i.e IfWH PhD checklist submitted and Institute approval given)
- your project fulfils the objectives and mission of the EGA Hospital Charity, which was founded for “the relief of sickness, protection and preservation of the health of women”
The successful candidate is expected to:
- submit a brief annual report to the Charity
- acknowledge the Charity’s support in publications and other research outputs
- actively contribute to the EGA IfWH, for example by presenting their work at the IfWH annual research meeting.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following:
- a covering letter explaining how your project fulfils the objectives of the Charity, your motivation in applying for the award and reasons for request for funding.
- research project outline: two pages comprising Title, Research area, Aim, Background, Plan of investigation, and a Lay summary
- confirmation of approval for PhD from UCL IfWH
- supportive reference from your IfWH supervisor
Selection of Award:
Applications will be evaluated by a panel with representatives of the Charity and IfWH.
13 February 2023
Please send your application to the IfWH PGR Education Admin Team (email@example.com). Please ensure the subject title in the email is listed as ‘EGA Hospital Charity Research Scholarship’ no later than 13th February 2023. The award will be announced in March 2023.
For more information please feel free to contact the PGR Education Admin Team - firstname.lastname@example.org