Patient Care Research Group
Our research considers what matters most to women with womne specific cancers and seeks to understand their experiences. We aim is to explore new ways of working in partnership with women who develop breast and gynaecological cancers to improve their healthcare experience and quality of life.
We achieve this by:
- Integrating knowledge of patient experience with clinical science
- Prioritising multidisciplinary research to create clinical interventions to impact practice, cancer care guidelines and policy
- Developing novel interventions to support informed decision-making, enhance lifestyle change, relieve symptoms and promote psychological resilience and recovery
- Applying research evidence to influence policy, practice and teaching in women specific cancers
- Increasing research capacity through academic support and training in quality of life and psychooncological skills.