*POSTPONED* CleanTech for a zero carbon London - community building workshop
24 March 2020, 11:30 am–7:00 pm
UCL East event to build a community through partnerships between academia, industry, authorities and local communities.
This event is free.
PlexalQueen Elizabeth Olympic ParkLondonE20 3BS
Due to the purdah period set in advance of London's Mayoral election in 2020, this event has been postponed and is planned to be rescheduled later in the year.
The world is now clearly in the midst of a climate change emergency, in which global warming, contamination, deforestation and overconsumption, among other issues, are causes of major concern for the public but also for authorities worldwide.
In order to meet our climate-change objectives, London has one of the most ambitious plans and has committed to be a zero carbon city by 2050. The UK Government has recognised the need for intervention to address this national and global challenge through the creation of the Clean Growth Grand Challenge in its modern Industrial Strategy. The Industrial Strategy highlights the need for academia, industry, authorities and communities to co-design new services, products and technologies in partnership to meet such an ambitious and strategic mission.
UCL EAST invites you to participate in this community-building activity to co-design novel ideas and approaches for a greener London. Help us to develop new innovations and support strategic zero carbon 2050 London goals.
Please register for this event, in which we aim to;
1. Showcase how UCL EAST will support this mission through UCL EAST Living Landscape planning strategy and UCL’s on-going work (in collaboration with industry, authorities and communities) on,
- Biodiverse Living Landscape planning
- New building methods in construction
- Air quality monitoring
- Transport decarbonisation
2. Identify new opportunities for collaboration in this hugely important area, by fostering knowledge-exchange discussions and networking opportunities.
3. Introduce how to access seed funding to collaborate with UCL academics, providing support with the application process.
UCL Innovation & Enterprise will showcase the support they provide to develop partnerships with UCL academics.
12.00-12.40 Welcome & keynotes
12.40-14.00 CleanTech showcase for a zero carbon London (lunch provided)
14.00-14.40 CleanTech ongoing projects "flash" presentations
14.40-15.30 Why collaboration is needed for a zero carbon London?
15.30-15.45 Comfort break
15.45-17.00 Breakout discussions
17.00 Networking reception & departure