Translational Research Group (TRG)
The group consists of 8 translational research managers that have extensive industry and research funder experience.
The TRG works to enhance the translational culture within UCL and to facilitate the translation of UCL’s basic and clinical research into therapies, techniques and medical products with therapeutic value.
- Liaise with investigators to develop project strategies that are attractive to translational funding
- Advice around translational pathway planning, timeframes and overcoming of associated hurdles
- Assistance with translational funding applications
- Research project management
- Internal and external networking
Translational grants typically require proactive research project management as a funder requirement. Once a project has secured funding, we provide expertise to steer projects towards practical endpoints, on a cost recovery basis.