The Professional Service Hub brings together professional services colleagues from across UCL into one location to provide aligned and customer-focused services.
What is the PS Hub?
The Professional Services (PS) Hub provides the UCL community with a single point of contact for a range of essential, cross-institutional services. The PS Hub team is made up of a number of key professional services colleagues from across UCL who have moved to 1 St Martin’s Le Grand (1SMLG).
Bringing together teams into an integrated unit in a single location the PS Hub is able to:
- Provide the UCL community with a single point of contact for queries relating to Hub services.
- Make delivering services easier by co-locating teams who need to interact frequently.
- Continually improve processes and systems, leading to better service quality and satisfaction.
- Retain and deepen functional expertise (HR, Finance etc.) while providing new opportunities for PS staff to expand their experience beyond a single service area.
- Maximise the space on the Bloomsbury estate for academic activities by co-locating services outside of Bloomsbury that do not require frequent face to face interaction with academic staff and students. Teams in the PS Hub will continue to work in close partnership with colleagues in other parts of Professional Services and in academic areas.
The PS Hub was successfully launched on Monday 11 March 2019 with the first group of colleagues moving into one location at 1 St Martin Le Grand.
Over 120 colleagues from across professional services, who share common processes and systems, are now working together to improve service quality across the UCL community and provide aligned and customer-focused services.
- Teams that have moved to the PS Hub
- Accounts Payable
- Credit Control
- NHS Billing
- HR Services
- HR Systems
- HR Workforce Reporting & Analytics
- ISD Helpdesk
- Estates Helpdesk
- Estates Room Booking
- Student Fees
- Financial Services Office (FSO)
With teams from different professional services areas working together in one location, there are new opportunities to make connections and share ideas for how to improve our services.
We’ve seen some great improvements in service since the PS Hub launched including:
- the NHS Billing team making a series of improvements to streamline their service. UCL can now more effectively bill for and recover the +£35m it recharges to NHS Trusts and other government health providers each year, directly improving our cash flow,
- working together to improve the student experience by clearing the Portico ticket backlog from 735.