Our Small Molecule Therapeutic Innovation Network is a network of those focused on small molecule drug discovery at UCL.
Our expertise in small molecule research spans multiple therapeutic areas, working across disciplinary boundaries and with our NHS partners to bring novel candidates to the market, and breathe new life into existing candidates through repurposing.
UCL has the expertise to bridge the development gap between target identification and robust lead molecules that are suitable to form the foundation of successful drug discovery projects.
We have a wide range of capabilities including target identification and validation, medium and high throughput screening, and computational and medicinal chemistry. Our experience has been gathered from academic, pharma and biotech settings and we are now committed to blending that experience in order to achieve high quality drug discovery in an academic setting.
With the Small Molecule TIN, we want to:
- Build a vibrant community for small molecule drug discovery at UCL
- Link that community to the wider drug discovery industry
- Shape small molecule drug discovery at UCL
- Educate UCL researchers for small molecule drug discovery at UCL
- Develop a pipeline of small molecule drug discovery projects with exemplars in optimisation towards clinical development