Book a place
This five-day practical CPD course covers popular topics in aesthetic dentistry.
It's held over five consecutive days (i.e. one full week) and includes hands-on tuition every day.
The course aims to introduce step-by-step clinical procedures, materials and treatment planning concepts on the following topics:
- Occlusal records (traditional and digital)
- Dental photography
- Planning, preparations and temporisation for anterior veneers and crowns
- Impressions (traditional and digital)
- Direct composite restorations (anterior and posterior)
- Atraumatic extraction, site preservation and anterior crown lengthening
- Isolation and cementation of etchable ceramics
This course is run by the UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London which has a broad range of continuing professional development (CPD) short courses. These provide hands-on training from experienced staff in dedicated facilities.
You'll learn about the following areas:
- Aesthetic smile evaluation, pre-treatment case documentation, treatment planning
- Occlusal records for the aesthetic case (casts, face-bows, interocclusal registration, semi-adjustable articulators, digital records)
- Dental photography
- Anterior and posterior composite restorations/adhesive dentistry
- Ceramic restorations: anterior veneers and crowns
- Aesthetic metal-ceramic crowns
- Aesthetic periodontics: anterior crown lengthening, atraumatic extraction-site preservation
- Aesthetics cements and cementation techniques for various types of anterior restorations
- Interdisciplinary treatment planning for complex aesthetic problems
Who this course is for
The course is aimed at dentists at any stage of their career.
You may be:
- an established dentist wanting to refresh your knowledge and skills in new techniques
- a young dentist wanting to build your abilities
You must hold an approved dental qualification.
CPD points and certificate
The course will give you 32.5 hours of verifiable CPD. You'll also get a certificate of attendance.
By the end of the course you should have:
- an improved knowledge of the principles and practice of aesthetic dentistry, including direct and indirect restorations
- an improved ability to carry out the practical procedures relevant in aesthetic dentistry
- an improved understanding in the integration of different dental disciplines to produce superior aesthetic outcomes
Structure and teaching
You'll learn through a combination of:
- 50% lectures, interactive seminars, treatment planning
- 50% skills laboratory and clinic hands-on training.
There will be ample phantom head practice of clinical procedures and video demonstrations, as well as clinic practice of records and photography and a review of current literature.
All Eastman teachers are experienced professionals. You'll be asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course's quality of teaching and value for money.
Please read the Eastman's refunds policy before booking.
Dr Konstantina Dina Dedi
Dr Konstantina Dina Dedi is the Director of Aesthetic Dentistry Programmes at University College London, UCL Eastman Dental Institute where she and her team train postgraduate dentists in contemporary procedures and techniques for aesthetic restorations. Dr Dedi is a prosthodontist specialist and a very experienced dental educator.
She completed her specialist training and a Master of Science in Oral Biology at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA and a Maxillofacial Prosthetics and Dental Oncology fellowship at the University of Texas-Houston MD Anderson USA. After completing her specialist training, she worked in the USA as a Clinical Assistant Professor, and director of the ITI Implant Prosthodontic Scholarship Programme at the University of North Carolina. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics (recipients of this award are eligible to become Programme Directors in Prosthodontic specialty training programmes in American universities). She is an elected Fellow of the International Team for Implantology (ITI) and the American College of Prosthodontics (ACP), she has also served as the President of the American Dental Society of London (ADSL) from 2018 to 2019.
Dr Dedi enjoys treating patients comprehensively, helping them achieve and maintain oral health and confident functional smiles. She treats patients for general, aesthetic and implant dentistry with a bespoke and evidence-based approach for every case. She also helps patients manage their oral health during cancer treatment. She has a special interest in anti-aging dentistry, complex aesthetic and bite problems, smile rehabilitations and in helping nervous patients.
Book a place
Course information last modified: 8 Dec 2023, 13:52