The UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from low income backgrounds to pursue full-time Undergraduate degree studies at UCL.
Value: 10 awards of full tuition fees and maintenance allowance, and 23 awards of full tuition fees
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: Overseas
Eligible programmes: All Undergraduate degrees
Deadline: 5pm BST, Monday 22 April 2024
Candidates can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be eligible to pay the overseas fee rate;
- come from a low income background*;
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Undergraduate degree at UCL in 2024/25.
*Guidance on how UCL defines household income can be found on our essential information page.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are up to 33 scholarships available in 2024/25 with three aimed specifically at students from India.
- 10 awards of full tuition fees & maintenance allowance; 23 awards of full tuition fees.
- The scholarship is tenable for the normal duration of the programme.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Undergraduate degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship being awarded.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need.
How to apply
You need to have submitted an admission application to UCL in order to apply for the scholarship.
Applications for the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship will open in January 2024, for which instructions will appear on this page.
We will also publish guidance notes which will be available after the application form opens in January 2024.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Monday 22 April 2024.
Successful candidates for 2024/25 entry will be notified before the UCAS offer reply deadline in early June 2024.